Simple & Delicious Matcha Green Tea Cookies
Upgrade your regular cookies with antioxidants & natural energy!
- • 240 g all-purpose plain flour
- • 15 g (2 ½ Tbsp) matcha green tea powder
- • 170 g unsalted butter (softened but not melted)
- • 130 g confectioners sugar/powder sugar
- • 1 pinch salt
- • 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Sift together flour, salt and matcha green tea powder in a large bowl.
- 2 Use a mixer to mix unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
- 3 Add powder sugar and blend until soft and light.
- 4 Add 2 large egg yolks and mix well until combined.
- 5 Gradually add the flour, salt and matcha green tea powder mix and blend until the dough is smooth.
- 6 Wrap the dough into cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 7 Roll out the dough and create desired shapes.
- 8 Place your cookies on a baking sheet, leaving about 1” (2.5 cm) between each cookie.
- 9 Bake the cookies at 175 ºC for about 15 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies starts to get slightly golden brown.
- 10 Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes; then carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. In an airtight container, they will keep for at least 4 days.