Simple & Delicious Matcha Green Tea Cookies
What a great way to add some spice to your afternoon Tea ;)
-240 g all-purpose plain flour
-15 g (2 ½ Tbsp) matcha green tea powder
-170 g unsalted butter (softened but not melted)
-130 g confectioners sugar/powder sugar
- 1 pinch salt
-2 large egg yolks
1) Sift together flour, salt and matcha green tea powder in a large bowl.
2) Use a mixer to mix unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
3) Add powder sugar and blend until soft and light.
4) Add 2 large egg yolks and mix well until combined.
5) Gradually add the flour, salt and matcha green tea powder mix and blend until the dough is smooth.
6) Wrap the dough into cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7) Roll out the dough and create desired shapes.
8) Place your cookies on a baking sheet, leaving about 1” (2.5 cm) between each cookie.
9) Bake the cookies at 175 ºC for about 15 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies starts to get slightly golden brown.
10) Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes; then carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. In an airtight container, they will keep for at least 4 days.
Enjoy everyday all day :)